Legal Services for Clients Who Have Suffered a Slip and Fall Injury in McAllen, TX
Slip and Fall Attorney Representing Injury Victims for Over 10 Years
- Our attorneys have built up a reputation of being honest, aggressive, and committed to clients.
- If you have been injured by due to a slip and fall, you will need an award-winning lawyer from one of the best law firms to help you recover compensation.
- The lawyers at our top law firm have handled hundreds of personal injury cases for residents of Hidalgo County.
- See what a skilled attorney has to say about your case during one of our free case reviews.
It only takes a single misstep and before you know it, you are lying on the floor in severe pain as the result of a slip and fall accident. Lawyers with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC will work hard to assist you in recovering compensation for your losses, including pain and suffering, medical bills, lost income, as well as any other issues that can arise as a result of a property owner’s negligence.
Slip and fall lawsuits are often highly scrutinized due to the number of fake slip and fall cases that have been uncovered in recent years, so it is essential that you hire a lawyer who is extremely experienced in personal injury and premises liability lawsuits.
Personal injury and wrongful death attorney Christopher R. Brasure founded our McAllen, Texas personal injury law firm over a decade ago. We have the experience, knowledge, and strategies required to maximize your chances of seeing a prompt, fair settlement in your slip and fall claim.
So if you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall, the attorneys with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC are ready to help. Reach out to us to set up a confidential free evaluation at (956) 686-7074.
Commonly Asked Questions When Filing a Premises Liability Lawsuit for a Slip and Fall in McAllen, TX
Lawyers with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC are here to answer your questions and address your concerns when taking legal action. Here is a look at some of the most common issues that we explore with victims of slip and fall.
Lawyer FAQs – How Do I Know if I Qualify to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit in Texas?
An attorney will need to review your case to determine if your case qualifies for compensation.
According to Texas law, if you are found to be more than 50% at-fault for the slip and fall, then you will not be eligible to recover damages.
Lawsuit FAQs – What’s the Process for Filing a Slip and Fall Claim?
Texas slip and fall cases can be rather complex. Typically, your attorney will need to offer evidence and testimony that suggests that you do not hold a majority of the blame for the accident. In a slip and fall lawsuit, you must prove that:
- the property owner had a duty to ensure that the property was safe;
- the property owner failed to exercise proper care and was negligent in a manner that directly resulted in your injuries; and
- the victim suffered losses as a result of the injury, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages and so forth.
Your premises liability and personal injury lawyer will work diligently to collect evidence, which will then be submitted to the court in the form of a petition. The other side will then be notified and provided with an opportunity for file a formal reply to the allegations.
In some cases, the matter may be resolved before going to trial as both sides negotiate a settlement. In other instances, you will proceed to discovery – an information-sharing process and ultimately, to trial.
Accident FAQs: What Should I Do If I’m Involved in a Slip and Fall Accident?
There are a few things that you can do to increase your chances of seeing an outcome that is positive to your case, including the following:
- Photograph and/or videotape the conditions where you fell immediately after the accident occurs. If you are seriously injured, you may need to have someone else do this on your behalf;
- Take photos of your injuries and keep a journal documenting daily pain levels, treatments and procedures, medical appointments and medical expenses, dates of missed work, and how your injuries impact you on a day to day basis;
- Get the name and contact information for anyone who witnessed your slip and fall accident, as witness testimony can be extremely important; and
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Law firms will typically conduct an independent investigation into the accident and this can include collecting valuable evidence like any security videos, which may be recorded over in fairly short order. So while your first priority should be to seek medical attention, your second order of business should be to seek help from an experienced McAllen lawyer who deals in personal injury and premises liability cases.
The sooner you contact our law firm, the sooner our legal team can get to work building your case. We will work to help you recover costs for hospital bills, physical therapy, past and future lost wages due to missed work or an inability to work and pain and suffering. In cases that involve an element of serious negligence or malice, you may qualify for punitive damages. Punitive damages are not intended to compensate a victim for losses; rather, they are intended to punish a negligent party for their alleged actions or inaction.
Contact The Attorneys of Brasure Law Firm, PLLC to Seek Legal Representation After a Slip and Fall
McAllen lawyers with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC, have represented numerous clients in slip and fall cases and other similar cases involving premises liability and personal injury. Our legal team will leverage our many years of experience and our refined legal strategies to maximize your chances of seeing a prompt, positive resolution to your claim.
Slip and fall injuries can vary dramatically in scope and severity, from sprains, strains and bruising, to broken bones, dislocations, lacerations, neck and back injuries and even head injuries. As a result, the damages you sustain and the overall impact on your life can vary significantly.
The experienced attorneys of Brasure Law Firm, PLLC can also help with many other legal claims, including car, truck and motorcycle accidents, wrongful death cases, construction accidents, hypoxia and near-drowning cases, medical malpractice cases, workplace injuries, burns, spinal cord injuries, head injuries and beyond. So trust your case to law practice founder Attorney Christopher R. Brasure and the entire McAllen, Texas legal team.
To schedule a confidential, free evaluation on your case, call (956) 686-7074.