Civil Law Attorney – For Clients Who Have Suffered Work Injuries in McAllen, TX
McAllen Work Injury Lawyer – For Citizens of Hidalgo County Who Have Been Injured on the Job
- Our honest and aggressive attorneys are usually able to reach a fair settlement out of court, but we will take your case to trial if necessary.
- Chris R. Brasure is an award-winning lawyer who is known as a skilled negotiator.
- Top Attorney Chris R. Brasure is dedicated to protecting personal injury victims in McAllen, TX.
- Read some of our online reviews to find out why clients think of us as one of the best law firms in the state.
- The lawyers at our law firm treat clients with the respect and compassion that they deserve.
It’s easy to get complacent when it comes to workplace safety, as you fall into a routine rhythm of day to day operations. But your place of employment can hold many dangers and each year, hundreds of Texans suffer serious work injuries. Lawyers also encounter many cases involving exposure to dangerous substances and chemicals that can cause cancer and other serious illnesses months, years or even decades into the future.
But there is help for anyone injured in or around McAllen, TX. Attorneys with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC are committed to representing injured workers as they seek out the compensation they deserve for their losses. In many cases, workers’ compensation benefits may provide you with the funds and medical care you need to get through this challenging period, while in other cases, you may need to file a work injury lawsuit.
If you suffered a work injury, lawyers can help you recover funds for lost wages, medical expenses and other losses, including pain and suffering. Trust your case to the experienced team of wrongful death, personal injury, premises liability and workers’ compensation lawyers with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC. Founded by lawyer Christopher R. Brasure more than a decade ago, our practice is regarded as one of the most well-respected law firms in Texas.
If you’re ready to maximize your chances of seeing a favorable case resolution, contact the work injury lawyers with one of the most respected law firms in Texas to arrange a free consultation. Call the attorneys at Brasure Law Firm, PLLC at (956) 686-7074.
Common Questions When Filing a Workers Compensation Claim or a Work Injury Lawsuit in McAllen, TX
Attorneys with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC routinely encounter questions and concerns from clients who are unfamiliar with the court system and the process used to file a workers’ comp claim or a lawsuit for personal injury, premises liability incidents such as a slip and fall or another incident. The following are some of the most common questions that an attorney may discuss with injured workers and their loved ones.
Personal Injury Lawsuit FAQs – What Should I Do If I’m Injured at Work in Texas?
If you’re injured at work, the first order of business is to seek medical attention, and then, contact an attorney to discuss your case.
You will also need to do the following:
- Get the name and contact information for anyone – including coworkers, supervisors, customers or clients – who witnessed the accident or mishap. Witness testimony can be essential if your case ultimately goes to trial.
- Take photographs and videos of the accident site immediately whenever possible. You may need to ask a coworker to capture these photos or videos on your behalf, particularly if you’re seriously injured. Showing the conditions at the time the mishap occurred can be very important.
- Advise your lawyer of whether the premises are monitored by surveillance or security cameras. Actual footage of the incident can be extremely helpful, showing what led up to the accident and how the injury took place. Unfortunately, though, footage can be recorded over or even intentionally destroyed and the longer you delay, the more likely it becomes that the footage cannot be recovered. So, this is something you must address immediately.
- Notify your employer of the accident. This is especially important if you’re filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Photograph your injuries (ideally before and after they’re treated.) These photos can be important evidence that may drive home the nature of your injuries to the jury if your work injury lawsuit needs to proceed to trial.
- Keep a detailed journal of your injuries. Remember to record your pain level, how those injuries impact you on a daily basis, and any/and all procedures, appointments, missed work days and other information relating directly to your injuries and subsequent losses.
Work Injury FAQs – Can a Lawyer Help if I File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Many employers are required to maintain workers’ compensation insurance, which pays out benefits to any worker who is injured on the job. Workers’ comp benefits typically cover all medical and rehabilitation costs, in addition to providing workers with a portion of their normal wages for the period that they’re out of work.
Filing a workers’ comp claim can be a challenge and your attorney can be an essential advocate during this process, helping to get your claim processed quickly and maximizing your chances of seeing fair compensation. Notably, you do not need to prove any sort of negligence to get workers’ comp benefits.
I called Brasure Law Firm last-minute when I needed a power of attorney for my father who was going into an emergency surgery. He went out of his way to get me everything I needed quickly. I was very impressed with Chris, his attention to detail, and his care for my situation. Thanks so much, Chris! – Tiffaney Weisser
Lawsuit FAQs – When Can I File a Workplace Injury Lawsuit in Texas?
It’s important to remember that if you accept a workers’ compensation settlement, you cannot file a lawsuit against your employer in Texas.
If your employer doesn’t have workers’ compensation insurance, you may seek compensation via a work injury lawsuit.
You can also file a personal injury lawsuit against a third party if their negligence played a direct role in causing your injury or illness. When suing a third party for an injury suffered in the course of your work, you must prove that this party had a legal obligation to prevent injury and failed to fulfill this obligation, directly resulting in injury or illness that caused losses and damages.
Contact The Lawyers of Brasure Law Firm, PLLC for Legal Help After an Injury at Work
McAllen, Texas lawyers at Brasure Law Firm, PLLC, are available to represent injured workers like you, as we’re committed to walking you through your workers’ compensation claim or we can file a lawsuit and negotiate a settlement on your behalf. But you must act promptly because the law limits the amount of time you have to file an injury claim in Texas.
Work injuries can take many forms, some relatively minor and others catastrophic, leading to permanent disability or even death. We work with clients facing a broad range of injuries and our goal is to help you minimize the negative impact on your life while maximizing your chances of being fairly compensated for your losses.
In addition to work injury lawsuits, Texas lawyers with Brasure Law Firm, PLLC can also help with lots of other case types, including construction accidents, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death cases, burns and disfigurement, slip and falls, medical malpractice, spinal cord and brain injuries, hypoxia/near drowning and more.
Founded over a decade ago by Attorney Christopher R. Brasure, our McAllen, TX legal team is here to provide a free consultation to discuss your case. Just call (956) 686-7074.